q: what is udictio?
a: simply, a social and interactive dictionary. it's a website built by users. however, udictio is not a scientifically-proven dictionary in the strict sense; users are not required to write correct information. but, they are encouraged to share their personal thoughts and experiences.
q: how can i create a topic?
a: just search for the topic you want to create and make sure it is not already created. then, either write the first entry for your new topic or create it entryless.
q: how can i create an entry?
a: entries belong to topics that are already created. so, use the create entry button on top right of the page or search for the topic that you want to add your experience/thoughts as an entry. type your entry. then, publish!
note: in order to create a topic or an entry, you must sign up. here is the sign up form
q: i didn't receive a confirmation email. what should i do?
a: please resend confirmation email and check your spam folder since the confirmation email might be mistaken as junk mail and end up in there. the confirmation email should be sent right away, but it can happen that there is a delay. if you have not received anything after 24 hours, please contact us so we can check that everything is fine with your account.
q: can i change my username?
q: what does entry editor do?
a: entry editor can do these:
topic reference => (see: udictio)
user reference => (see: @aras diler)
entry reference => (see: #545)
topic mention => socrates
user mention => @cara
entry mention => #794
hidden reference => *
the protagonist dies in the end
website address with alias => udictio
website address without alias => http://udictio.com
image => image
search button => (search: reno) (search: @aras diler)
ctrl+s or cmd+s (on mac) saves entry as draft
q: what are your community rules and guidelines?
a: our statement describes rules for users of udictio located at https://udictio.com
we expect users to observe and follow these rules:
– no spamming and excessive promotion
– treat others online as you would treat them in real life
– be tolerant towards other’s viewpoints; respectfully disagree when opinions do not align
– respect the privacy and personal information of other users
– do not make personal attacks on other users
– use messaging/email responsibly
– we do not tolerate violence, terrorism, abuse, harassment, sexual exploitation of children, hate speech, suicide, self-harm, pornography, and illegal activity
– you don't have to use your real name to use our platform but please do not impersonate an individual or an entity in a misleading or deceptive manner
– make sure you have the rights to post the content you share
– entries must be relevant to their topics
violations of these guidelines may result in the removal of content or/and temporary (7/30/365 days) or permanent account suspension.
q: can visitors vote without having an account?
a: yes. both users and visitors are allowed to vote.
users' vote: 0.2
visitors' vote: 0.05
daily vote limit per user: 1000 entries
users are allowed to vote up to 100 entries of a specific user per day
users are not allowed to vote more than 500 entries of a specific user in total
q: what is karma?
a: your karma point reflects the value of your content. karma point will be visible on users' profile if it is above 25. users won't be able to influence other users' karma by voting if their karma is below 200.
ways to earn karma:
upvote: 0.18 the amount of karma that the user will gain upon getting an upvote
downvote: 0.27 the amount of karma that the user will lose upon getting a downvote
q: what are the limits?
a: daily image upload limit: 100
max upload size per image: 10mb
you can upload up to 10 images at the same time
q: is it okay to create multiple accounts?
q: what is a udictio verified badge and how can i get one?
a: a blue checkmark means that udictio has confirmed the account belongs to the person or brand it represents. the blue checkmark is a quick and clear way to let you know you are following the real deal, rather than a fake account. we consider a number of factors before granting a verified badge, such as whether the notable account is authentic and unique. keep in mind, we don't consider the number of followers or likes on your account as a requirement when granting a verified badge.
some account requirements we consider for verification include:
• authentic: your account represents a real person, business, or entity. only one verification per business or person except for language-specific accounts.
• if you are a business, institution, or entity, your email domain must represent your business during the verification approval process (ex. @udictio.com).
• notable: we review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don't consider press releases and sponsored or paid media.
please email us at [email protected] to get verified.
q: what is udictio?