i love you.
an interactive online dictionary designed to allow its users to define topics in both factual and creative ways. created in 2020 by a graduate of the university of nevada, reno
born in a log cabin in kentucky in 1809, raised in poverty, and almost entirely self-educated, abraham lincoln became a successful lawyer in springfield, illinois, where he married mary todd. lincoln came to the presidency with little experience-a few years in the illinois legislature and one term in congress. but he had a remarkable gift for helping people see the war as a test of popular government, "of the people, by the people, and for the people" (gettysburg address).
after his assassination in 1865, lincoln came to be seen as a leader of nearly mythic proportions-a towering, legendary figure who had saved democracy and freed the slaves.
(see: emancipation proclamation)
bitcoin is the solution to a problem. started trading it in 2016.
late in 1969, americans learned that, a year earlier, an american lieutenant and his unit had opened fire on a vietnamese village they thought was held by communists. they killed an estimated 400 innocent villagers, mostly women and children. descriptions of the my lai massacre were so shocking that in a poll taken in one u.s. city, only 12 percent of the people believed it was true.
in 1925, a tennessee teacher named john t. scopes was arrested for teaching charles darwin's theory of evolution, which said that "higher" forms of life, such as humans, olved from "lower" life forms, such as apes. many rural americans felt this theory was at odds with the creationism they believed in and their traditional christian values.
william jennings bryan, the great populist hero, spoke for the prosecution. scopes was defended by famous defense attorney clarence darrow. in his questioning, darrow made bryan seem foolish and ignorant. the trial settled nothing, though. scopes was fined $100, and the ruling was later reversed on a technicality.
missing in action.
an antique chair that was designed to read... from the 1800's. image
the mate value is evaluated on at least three dimensions:
1. attractiveness/vitality: are we a physically attractive person with an appealing personality?
2. status/resources: are we a winner or a loser? do we have money? are we cultured and well-educated?
3. warmth/trustworthiness: are we a warm, loving, loyal, and devoted person?
if you are high on all three dimensions, you are at the top of the sexual status hierarchy. everyone wants to date you, have sex with you, marry you, and make babies with you. if you are low on all three dimensions, you are at the bottom of the sexual status hierarchy. hardly anyone wants to date you, have sex with you, marry you, or make babies with you.
the unexamined life is not worth living.
smiley was here*
cristiano ronaldo is a portuguese soccer player who is considered one of the greatest players of all time. here are a few interesting facts and hidden stories about ronaldo:
– ronaldo was born on february 5, 1985, in funchal, madeira, portugal.
– he started his professional soccer career with sporting cp before moving to manchester united in 2003.
– ronaldo is the all-time leading scorer for the portuguese national team, and he has represented his country at three world cup tournaments.
– in 2009, he was awarded the ballon d'or, which is given to the world's best soccer player. he has won the award four times in total.
– in addition to his soccer career, ronaldo is also a successful entrepreneur and has endorsement deals with major brands such as nike, tag heuer, and herbalife.
– ronaldo is known for his philanthropy and has donated millions of dollars to charitable causes, including the construction of a children's hospital in his hometown of funchal.
– despite his many accomplishments, ronaldo has faced controversy and criticism, including accusations of tax evasion and allegations of sexual assault. he has denied these allegations.
– over the years, ronaldo has been linked to a number of women, but it is not clear how many of these relationships were serious or long-term. some of the women who have been rumored to be ronaldo's girlfriends include models irina shayk and gemma atkinson, as well as reality tv star kim kardashian. however, ronaldo has never publicly confirmed any of these relationships, and it is not known if he is currently in a relationship.
whatever hurts is true. belief that the truth must hurt to be the truth.
there are many different approaches to taking revenge, and some argue that seeking revenge is not a productive or healthy way to deal with conflicts or wrongdoings. here are a few examples of different philosophies and approaches to taking revenge:
an eye for an eye: this approach is based on the idea of reciprocity, and holds that when someone does something wrong or harmful to you, it is justified to do something wrong or harmful to them in return. this approach is often associated with the saying "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."
forgiveness: this approach involves letting go of anger and resentment towards someone who has wronged you, and choosing not to seek revenge or retribution. many religions and spiritual traditions advocate for forgiveness as a way to find inner peace and move on from conflicts.
restorative justice: this approach focuses on repairing the harm caused by wrongdoing, rather than seeking punishment for the person who caused the harm. restorative justice involves bringing the offender and the victim together to discuss the harm that was caused and finding ways to make things right.
holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. - buddha